Saturday, November 26, 2005

Schmooky-ookums

Louise, I wanted you to know I finally saw Easter Parade. Upon watching the movie I realized that I have apparently wasted the past twenty-two (Ah! 22!) years of my life in not learning to dance. I realized this when I found myself staring slack-jawed at the dancers, telling Monica and Jessica over and over "I wish I could move my body like that!" This discovery is devastating and I feel the need to rectify the problem at once before I damage my morale in envy. (Sean, I'll take you up on that offer to learn. Where are you? I mean, in the larger scheme of things how important is your thesis? We can make money dancing.) I am annoyed that I deceptively have the body of a dancer but...I still don't know how to dance. With a dancer's build all I should do is concentrate really hard, and voila! dance! but this attempt has failed in the past. People tell me everything worth having takes hard work...

7 comments:

Thomas said...

Dancing is fun. But then so is DDR. whahawhahwahawha, okay that was minical...i can't spell. Time is always needed.

Meghan said...

...damn time. Time present and time past is present in time future...or something like that.

Louise said...

MEG! I love you forever! I completely sympathize with your frustration of not being able to dance with *sigh* Fred. I have the soundtrack to the movie. Wanna listen?

Thomas Peters said...

great movie, i love fred astair's ex and her stupid dogs...

people who say everything worth doing is earned through hard work are just jealous they werent born with my talents. I mean... you know, mad they werent born with "certain" talents... yes. :)

Thomas Peters said...

oh hey I remembered something else - ann miller (who plays the ex in easter parade), is also in On the Town... where she kicks ass! if you havent seen that movie you must... but I'm sure you have so we're all good. :)

wotd: nzCRY (a real word finally! ... sorta).

Meghan said...

Louise, I felt like such a dork but I almost teared up I thought their dancing was so pretty. And yes! I'm jealous I can't dance with Fred! Bring your CD over next time!

Em, dancing like a Broadway star would dissipate a lot of our scholarly frustrations, I think.

Thom, you're nzCRY. And Ann Miller is great. What a dancer.

Louise said...

Thom is right- On the TOwn is AWESOME. And Ann Miller is such a beautiful/sweet person in real life that you love it even more.

Fred Astaire is my LOOOOOOVE!!!!!